Here at The Wellington Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we practice a Team Approach to our work. The most important members of the team are the patient and their family.
The Team includes:
- Consultant - Leading clinical specialist, in the patient's injury or illness- a senior member of his or her profession.
- Dietician - Provides advice and education to patient, carer and clinician in regard to their nutritional needs.
- Language Interpreter - Ensures effective communication and information exchange.
- Neuropsychologist - Evaluates and treats neuropsychological impairment related to disability.
- Occupational Therapist - Assists people in regaining independence in daily living tasks and provide home environmental assessments where necessary.
- Physiotherapist - Provides support, assistance and education to facilitate the patient and their family in adapting to disability.
- Speech and Language Therapist - Helps to overcome communication and swallowing difficulties.
- Resident Medical Officers - Provides 24- hour medical cover.
- Rehabilitation Advisor - Undertakes pre admission assessments and provides advice to patients and referral and funding sources.
- Rehabilitation Administrator Officer and Coordinator - Coordinate your admission, ensuring a smooth transfer.
- Rehabilitation Nursing - The nursing team are skilled in helping you to incorporate specific techniques learnt in therapy sessions into your daily routine to maximise your recovery and independence.